showing 1-5 of 13 products
- Bundle Description
Your learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
TEXT: NUMBER THE STARS by Lois Lowry
LEVEL: 5th - 9th
TOTAL: 170+ slides/pages in lesson plan unit
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ Everyone of these products are great! All standards addressed and the kids enjoy the work!
♥ Wow! I am speechless! What a great resource! This has everything! Power Points, assessments, graphic organizers, novel video, everything! Thank you so very much for your hard work! I will definitely be searching for other novel studies to purchase from you!
♥ This is a wonderful unit. It is going to make to transitioning to my maternity leave seamless, no matter if my sub gets a few days notice (as planned) or a few hours. In the mean time, the unit is comprised of great quality lessons that I will enjoy teaching myself!
♥ I love that this novel study pack had activities other than just the typical comprehension and vocabulary. The quick writes are my favorite! I bought the Bridge to Terabithia novel study from this seller and was so happy with it also. I was glad to see that there was one for NTS!
♥ This was a perfect novel study. I love that the questions not only helped my daughter review the information from the chapters, but really think about what was happening and the moral issues from the story. Very well done!
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
- background into what was happening in the world around Annemarie Johansen and her family
- 21-slide slideshow
- The Østerbrogade shopping strip, Hillerød and Nørrebro bombing locations, Amalienborg Castle, and all of AnneMarie's train ride up to visit Uncle Henrik...and many of the 22 locations zoomed in to the 3D street view. It's rockin awesome.
- 22-location 3D tour across Europe
- notetaking tool of what they "K"now, "W"ant to know, & "L"earned
- 1-page analyzer
- analyze the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page analyzer
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page analyzer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 11-page analyzer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 28-question slideshow
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide slideshow will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 27 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 3-page analyzer
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
- 60 vocabulary words from the novel
- one 60-question quiz and two 30-question quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer key
- 4 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- read the original fairy tale and compare to Annemarie's journey
- 3-page activity
★ Video Interview w/ Lois Lowry (→ link)
- 2-minute video
Enjoy! And remember, only the fairy tales remain the same.
OTHER NUMBER THE STARS BRAVERY
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!