With a little help from your friends at NUMBEROCK, your Integers lesson is going to be a memorable one this year. By meeting students where they are and integrating math with high-quality music, award-winning video animations, and fun, printable games, NUMBEROCK resource bundles will appeal to almost every kind of learner in your classroom.
By integrating the worksheets with the video, you are just a click away from a truly multi-sensory teaching experience that will engage, entertain, and educate. Benefits* from this method of teaching include;
1. better long-term recall of the material
2. increased diversity of sensory engagement, helping the students who normally struggle most with math
3. real, authentic engagement fostering increased motivation to learn
4. positively effecting both mathematical achievement and student attitudes towards the material
*if interested, the science behind the fun can be perused here. Not everybody has the time :-).
1. Downloadable Integers music video [HD]
2. a lyric sheet for singing along with the video
3. a fill-in-the-blanks so that students can master the math vocabulary
4. a double-sided worksheet
5. a printable drills sheet
6. a homework sheet
7. a brief exit quiz to test for mastery
8. printable no-prep Integers Bingo game
9. A 17 in. x 22 in. printable poster to hang on your wall.
10. An high quality song track (cd-quality) of our integers song.
11. a clear and straightforward answer key is included for every applicable resource
12. A purchase of our bundle also provides one classroom the rights to perform the song at a school assembly. (a $20.00 value) or in a public place.
13. A one-page lesson plan Illuminating best practices for utilizing the materials.
Over time we will be adding more to this bundle, including art-integration activities that will appeal to hands-on learners. Buying now allows you to lock in the price before we add more materials. After purchasing, you can come back any time to download future updates for free.
Math TEK 6.2A | Math Standard
The student is expected to classify whole numbers, integers, and rational numbers using a visual representation such as a Venn diagram to describe relationships between sets of numbers.
Math TEK 6.2B | Math Standard
The student is expected to identify a number, its opposite, and its absolute value.
Math TEK 6.2C | Math Standard
The student is expected to locate, compare, and order integers and rational numbers using a number line.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS:
Understand that positive and negative numbers are used together to describe quantities having opposite directions or values (e.g., temperature above/below zero, elevation above/below sea level, credits/debits, positive/negative electric charge); use positive and negative numbers to represent quantities in real-world contexts, explaining the meaning of 0 in each situation.
Understand a rational number as a point on the number line. Extend number line diagrams and coordinate axes familiar from previous grades to represent points on the line and in the plane with negative number coordinates.
Understand ordering and absolute value of rational numbers.
6th Grade (TEKS) & 6th Grade (Common Core) United Kingdom: KS2 - KS3 [Year 6-Year 7]
CONNECT WITH US:
(click on green link to connect)
1. Check out our extensive VIDEO LIBRARY of math and seasonal songs.