Get your students successfully evaluating NUMERICAL EXPRESSIONS with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
1. Numerical Expressions COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to evaluate numerical expressions. Students use their answers to color the picture.
2. Numerical Expressions MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in evaluating numerical expressions. Students use their solutions to navigate through the puzzle.
3. Numerical Expressions RIDDLE
Students evaluate numerical expressions and use their answers to solve the riddle.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice NUMERICAL EXPRESSIONS while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
Common Core Aligned:
* 5.OA.1 - Use parentheses, brackets, or braces in numerical expressions, and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
* 5.OA.2 - Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers, and interpret numerical expressions without evaluating them.
✔ Evaluate Numerical Expressions
✔ Grouping Symbols Including Parentheses, Brackets and Braces
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
* NUMERICAL EXPRESSIONS UNIT RESOURCES BUNDLE
* 5th Grade Mazes, Riddles, Coloring Activities BUNDLE
* 5th Grade Math MEGA-BUNDLE
More NUMERICAL EXPRESSIONS Resources:
* NUMERICAL EXPRESSIONS Problem Solving Graphic Organizers
* NUMERICAL EXPRESSIONS Maze, Riddle & Coloring Activity
* NUMERICAL EXPRESSIONS Error Analysis
More 5th Grade Review:
* 5th Grade Math Common Core WEEKLY/DAILY REVIEW WARM-UPS
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.