Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This trifold brochure activity is aligned with Social Studies Scope and Sequence of New York City's Social Studies curriculum. However, this project is great for any unit or book study in New York City. These trifold brochures are to be copied back to back on legal sized paper and folded into thirds. Now a letter size version is included in this product (8-25-19). This activity is a great end of unit project to add to student Social Studies portfolios. Given the process of planning and researching, drafting, editing, revising, publishing for all five boroughs of New York City this project can take up to 6 weeks to complete. You can make this project as short or a as long as needed given the conditions in which you decided to teach the unit.
This Unit Includes:
Anchor charts (full page and half pages for notebooks)
mini-booklets for each borough
• Noteworthy Attractions (in list format organized by borough)
• NYC Attractions Assignment Sheet *8.5 x 14 / Legal Paper
• NYC Attractions Notebook Pages
• NYC Attractions Student Checklist (4 – 5 Attractions Tri-Fold Brochure)
• NYC Attractions Rubric (4 – 5 Attractions Tri-Fold Brochure)
• NYC Attractions Brochure (with spaces for up to 5 attractions) *8.5 x 14 / Legal Paper
• NYC Attractions Student Checklist (2 – 3 Attractions Tri-Fold Brochure)
• NYC Attractions Rubric (2 – 3 Attractions Tri-Fold Brochure) *8.5 x 14 / Legal Paper
• NYC Attractions Brochure (with spaces for up to 3 attractions)
• Unit Labels
This product does not include printable research material at this time.
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store:
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!
Tags: The Big Apple, taxi cabs, skyscrapers, parks, statues, restaurant, city lights, cheese cake, pizza, pretzels, hot dogs, bagel shop, seafood, island, money, tenements, brownstones, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, The Bronx, bridges, highways, skylines, harbor, East River, Hudson River, tourists, tourism, fashion district, Broadway, Main Street, asphalt, bricks, neighborhood, vacation, staycation, local history