This is a modified curriculum for Global History and Geography I, Grade 9, New York State Social Studies Frameworks. It is designed for students with an IEP who need a highly modified curriculum.
This is an alternative concept to the 15:1 special education class. The "white paper" explaining this concept is included in the zip file. You can also read it here: https://www.teacherswebhost.com/room/143/bin/GeneralGlobalHistoryWhitePaper.pdf
“General Global History 9” is a regular education class designed for students with an IEP seeking a local diploma via the safety net options. Students will be able to earn local credit working at a course within their proximal zone of development such that their effort can be rewarded and the data on their achievement be truthful. They will remain in the society of their peers in the regular classroom but the report card and school official transcript will identify the class distinctly as “General Global History 9”. Content will be limited to about half of that typically tested on the NYS Global History and Geography Regents exam. Reading and writing tasks will be designed and assessed at the Common Core State Standards’ fifth grade level.
The ZIP file includes:
1. (10) PDF files = plans for ten units of study. Each plan lists text page numbers, titles of readings found at NewsELA.com, and the specific assignments.
2. The "white paper" explaining this "class-within-a-class" concept of a highly modified regular education credit for students with an IEP.
3. (1) ZIP file of ___ categorized vocabulary and maps matching resources for upload at TeachersWebHost.com. There are test generators there, some free and some fee-based.
4. (1) ZIP file of a bank of ___ categorized multiple-choice questions for upload at TeachersWebHost.com. There are test generators there, some free and some fee-based.
5. (10) DOCX (Word) files for the important planning component of the course.
"General Global History 9" is a heavily modified curriculum for very high needs students. I first started this in the 2016-2017 school year and continue to refine and develop materials for it.
This could be a great resource for both regular and special education teachers who need to modify curriculum in a focused and precise manner. Please note that these topic numbers are not the NYS Social Studies Frameworks numbers. It represents the local Global 9 topic numbering system.
To use the ZIP files for the test generators, do not unzip them. You can make an account for free and just upload the zip files. The app will install them for you and then you can generate reviews and tests.