Editable Interpretive Reading and Listening Activity for Novice/Intermediate Learners using the show ¡Nailed it! México, Episode 1, available on Netflix.
Pre-viewing and viewing questions refer to the introduction of the contestants, approximately the first 5 min.
Instructions in Spanish. Key vocabulary listed, followed by pre-viewing questions, and viewing questions.
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
- Introduce Nailed it! using trailer. Discuss, circling key vocabulary.
- Give students time to answer pre-viewing questions and read interpretive reading intro paragraph individually or in small groups.
- Discuss answers to pre-viewing questions and read intro together, circling key vocabulary.
- Play first 5 min of episode with or without Spanish or English subtitles.
- Review answers to viewing questions.
- Watch more of the show as time allows! (Especially until they finish the first challenge!)
INCLUDED IN YOUR DOWNLOAD
- Instructions and 2 page activity sheet in Spanish
- Answer key
- Teach and sing Las mañanitas, traditional Mexican birthday song sung during the show
- Make your own piñatas
- Add to unit on celebrations, birthdays, and quinceñeras (second challenge in the episode is to make a quinceañera cake)
- Use article linked at bottom of resource to differentiate for more advanced learners, including a short video on how to interpret the phrase "Nailed it!" in Spanish
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Guanaca at Heart!
© Guanaca at Heart
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥