Name Activity - Name Puzzle Cards
Create your own puzzles with your student's names! Perfect for back to school and beginning of the year.
Includes both an editable template to type in your own names and a PDF print-ready version for those who would prefer to write the letters by hand.
The puzzle lines have been kept simple so your children can have fun coloring and cutting out the puzzle pieces themselves.
The templates can also be used to make words other than names. Good for creating sight word puzzles too!
This name resource includes:
• Puzzle templates for names with 2 - 8 letters (longer names can be made by putting together two of the shorter name templates. Single letter frames are also included to extend a name by one letter.)
The above templates comes in two versions:
• Editable PowerPoint template (you will need Microsoft PowerPoint to use and edit this template. You will also need basic computer skills.)
• Print-ready PDF version for printing out and writing the letters on by hand.
Files are delivered in a zipped file. See the TpT help section if you are not sure how to open a zipfile. It's easy once you know how!
You May Also Like:
A treasure chest of name songs
Name recognition and learning the names of peers are important skills for young children at the beginning of the school year. Find some inspiration for back to school name learning in our collection of 20 name games, songs, and rhymes.
Click here for name songs!
First Day of School
- A passport template for the first day of school.
- Perfect for getting organized at the start of the year.
Beginning of the Year – ‘M is for Me’ Display
Getting to Know You - Activity
First Day of School - Photo Signs
First Day of School Activity Booklet
This resource is useful for:
• Name recognition
• Letter recognition
• Learning names of classmates
• Reading (names)
• Learning the alphabet and letters
• Getting to know you / back to school / first day activities