Make name books for your class and provide lots of name writing practice for your kids. Kids will learn to recognize their name and learn to write their name with these name handwriting practice books. A perfect activity writing centers, literacy centers, morning work, and ELA work stations in preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, RTI, SPED, and OT.
**Please note that this product is also included in my NAME ACTIVITY BUNDLE. If you have already purchased the money-saving bundle, you DO NOT need to purchase this activity.
This resource contains 11 different pages that you can add to your name books -
customize your books to meet the needs of your students.
It only takes minutes to add names to all of the books with the class list form You do not need to install any special fonts. Simply fill out the class list form and the names are automatically transferred to the pages*. Easily determine which pages to print by referring to the print planner pages. Step by step directions and video tutorial are also included.
***You will need the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for this resource.
The following pages are included:
✔ Cover Page with Name
- kids can learn to recognize their name
✔ Fist Letter Page
- kids can learn to identify and recognize the first letter in their names.
✔ Name Each Letter Page
- Kids can point to and name each letter.
✔ Tracing Page - Dotted
- Kids can trace their name
✔ Tracing over gray
- Kids can practice writing their name by tracing over the gray name.
✔Tracing Page - Dotted with Lines
- More handwriting practice...this time with lines
✔ Rainbow Writing Page
- Kids can write their name multiply times in multiple colors.
✔Write in the Letter Boxes
- Kids write their names in the letter boxes.
✔ Name Writing
- Kids write their names in the blank space provided
✔ Build a Name Page
- Kids can glue letter squares, use stickers, or use stamps to build their names in the space provided.
✔Letter Squares Page
- Letter squares can be cut out and used on the Build a Name Page.
*The class list form has room for 24 names. Use the form as many times as you need to customize books for larger numbers of children.
Books are easy to assemble...directions are provided.
In addition to books, you can use this resource to create many writing activities:
✔ Add individual pages to your writing center
✔ Create sign-in pages for your class
✔ Laminate pages and use them with dry erase markers.
CLICK HERE to see additional Name Resources
learn to write your name with early learning ideas