Name Songs and Name Activities
A treasure chest of name songs and name activities for young children. Songs that help children learn the names of their friends and also to recognize their own written name.
Name recognition and learning the names of peers are important skills for young children at the beginning of the school year. Find some inspiration for back to school name learning in this collection of 20 name games, songs, and rhymes.
This collection includes:
• songs that incorporate names
• hello songs and welcome songs
• songs that involve children recognizing their own written name
• songs with movement
• name activities and name games
• printable resources to go with some of the songs
• sheet music of each song (melody line and lyrics)
• demo recording of the music for each song (piano playing the melody)
• Credit page
Includes a mix of original songs, traditional songs, and traditional songs that have been specially adapted to enhance learning.
Perfect for back to school and beginning of the year name activities!
Files are delivered in a zipped file. See the TpT help section if you are not sure how to open a zipfile.
You May Also Like:
First Day of School - Passport Template
Name Activity: Name Puzzles
Beginning of the Year – ‘M is for Me’ Display
Getting to Know You - Activity
First Day of School Activity Booklet
This resource is useful for:
• Name recognition
• Letter recognition
• Learning names of classmates
• Reading (names)
• Learning the alphabet and letters
• Getting to know you / back to school / first day activities