Use this file folder activity to work on naming categories. This works best as a single person activity or at most in pairs.
To Make: Print off pages. Glue the category sheets file folders. Cut out the tab nameplate as well as the front cover nameplate. Glue them to the front of the file folder. Laminate them (optional) Cut out the circles and laminate them.
There are three variations when playing this game.
1. Have the children put the picture (or word) circles with the correct category.
2. Have the children say the category
3. Have children write out the categories on the worksheet provided
4. As homework, extension work, have the children fill out the “Name that Category” worksheet. For children not yet writing, have an adult fill out what they are saying.
1. Five folder games targeting (a) categories without a specific theme (b) colours (c) home (d) animals (e) food
2. Five folder answer sheets
3. Four homework sheets. Children write down the categories then write another object/animal within that category
Thanks again for viewing this activity! Please feel free to send me any comments or feedback you may have.