Also included in
- Ditch the worksheet. Your kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. This bundle includes two sets of digital task cards. These 144 Digital Task Cards provide you and your students endless possibilities for effective practice and review.Using Digital Task CardsWith twelve differ$7.95$9.90Save $1.95
- All of these task cards, both print and virtual, are designed to work together.$13.95$19.80Save $5.85
Ditch the worksheet! Your kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. These 72 Digital Task Cards provide you and your students endless possibilities for effective practice and review.
Using Digital Task Cards
With six different student versions, your students can practice naming compounds from the formula, writing the formula from the name, or mix it up to practice both skills in one activity.
Here are just a few ways to use Digital Task Cards in your classroom:
- Trasketball—Wad up some paper or grab the Nerf basketball, set up a trash can by a wall, group your kids up, and watch them sit on the edge of their seats reviewing these skills. Use the master PowerPoint to project either a compound name or formula on the board. Have each student write both the name and the formula on a white board or one of the response sheets. Designate a seat for each team as the “hot seat.” If the person sitting in that seat gets the answer correct, award them a point for their team and give them a shot at the “basket” with your “trashketball” to earn even more points. Mark spots on the ground at increasing distances from the trashcan. The further away the more points they earn for making the shot. Either assign a new hot seat or have students rotate into the hot seat.
- Digital Assignment—Assign one or more versions of the student task cards to your class through your digital classroom management software (Google Classroom, etc.) Print out a copy of the appropriate response sheet and have the students complete this tech-enhanced lesson.
- Sub Plans—Just because you are not in the classroom doesn’t mean your students should be doing busy work. These make for a perfect assignment on a sub day.
- Early Finishers—Don’t waste an opportunity to challenge your highest or fastest students. Have this ready for students to work one when they finish a daily assignment.
This SI Unit Conversion Task Card set includes:
- Digital Task Cards master PowerPoint with 72 Covalent Compound slides (36 unique compounds with names, common uses, and formulas)
- Six different student versions in PDF format ready to assign.
- Student Response Sheets for each student version.
- Answer Keys for all student versions