Also included in
- Choose between the Nomenclature Lessons Unit Bundle or the Nomenclature MEGA Unit Bundle. In this lessons bundle, each lesson has an editable PowerPoint, Student Notes (Cornell Style)-Cloze Notes & Blank Notes, Check for Understanding, and Homework. In the Nomenclature Mega Bundle, you will find$12.50$19.00Save $6.50
- Everything you need for a successful Nomenclature Unit! Four complete lessons, graphic organizers, homework, polyatomic and monatomic ion lists, teacher and student notes, check for understanding exit tickets, a lab, task cards, color-by-number, puzzle, The Great Nomenclature Race, extra practice,$26.80$36.00Save $9.20
Nomenclature for Acids and Hydrates: Naming & Writing Formulas (Nomenclature) for Acids & Hydrates.
In this lesson students are introduced to naming and writing formulas for acids and hydrates. Building on previous knowledge of ions and formulas from Part One & Two are included in the Exit Ticket and the Homework. The Homework includes all ionic compound possibilities: binary, ternary, multivalent cations, acids, and hydrates.
Note: This is an editable animated PowerPoint. This means that It will appear to be busy and even overlapping in the “slide” mode, but will be awesome in the “slide show” mode. Please don’t edit the product until you have watched it in slide show mode.
Naming and Writing Chemical Formulas: Acids & Bases includes the concepts:
- Naming & Writing Formulas for Acids
- What is a Hydrate?
- Naming & Writing Formulas for Hydrates
Also included in this lesson’s student work are:
Naming and Writing Binary Ionic Compounds
Naming and Writing Ternary Ionic Compouds (with Polyatomic Ions)
Naming and Writing Monatomic and Polyatomic Ions
Naming and Writing formulas for ionic compounds that have more than one oxidation state
This lesson is appropriate for grades 9-12 chemistry or physical science.
Note: This lesson is included in the following two bundles
Included in This Product:
- Editable, Animated 25 slide PowerPoint
- Guided Student Notes Cornell Style - Cloze Notes editable, print, & digital
- Blank Student Notes- Cornell Style
- Check for Understanding (Exit/Entrance Ticket/Quiz) - editable, print, & digital
- Homework assignment with key - editable, print, & digital
This will be a lesson you will want to use year after year!
Check out these other products that you may be interested in:
Get TPT credit to use on your Future Purchases!
Go to your “My Purchases” page and click on “Provide Feedback” button. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Click here for more information.
Become a follower to receive updates about new products as we add them.
Chemistry Corner’s PowerPoints are perfect for the flipped classroom. However, please read the Copyright Terms below before using them as such. Thanks!
LICENSING TERMS: By downloading this product, you own a license for one teacher only for personal use in your classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they cannot be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. I you are a coach, principal or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact TpT for Schools at Schools@TeachersPayTeachers.com or find more information under “Schools” on the Teachers Pay Teachers site.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: ©Chemistry Corner. Please note – all material included in this resource belongs to Chemistry Corner. By downloading, you have a license to use the material, but you do not own the material. This resource, or any portion of this resource, may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students—no other teachers or anyone else on the internet.