Are you ready to try an Author's Study with your students? This reading and writing unit of study, "Nancy Carlson: Reader's and Writer's Workshop Author Series," is a wonderful way to integrate the works of a fantastic author into reading and writing! In the reading workshops, your students will learn how to monitor their reading by applying several strategies for figuring out tricky words. In the writing workshops, you will teach your students to write stories about things that are important to them, just like Nancy Carlson! In this pack, you have access to all the materials you need for this Reader's and Writer's Workshop Unit in your first or second grade classroom. This pack will save you tons of time preparing lessons, handouts, and classroom activities.
This complete bundle includes:
1. Letter to parents and caregivers to introduce the unit
2. Background information for how to run Reader's and Writer's Workshops
3. Two-week calendar of the unit
4. 20 total (10 Reading and 10 Writing) detailed daily lesson plans, with all of the components of each mini-lesson provided
5. Anchor charts, handouts, and classroom materials
6. Suggested mentor texts to accompany reading mini-lessons
7. Publishing paper for your students' written work
8. Reading log templates
9. Conferencing sheets
10. Rubric to complete the unit
11. Student reflection sheet for the end of the unit
12. BONUS: Figuring out tricky words strategy Superhero Action Cards!
Introducing the works of Nancy Carlson through an author study is easy and organized for you and your students with this pack!