This bundle is is an interactive, engaging, cross-curricular, listening comprehension activity. Use the narrated video passage as a whole-class listening comprehension practice or assessment, OR use it as an independent activity for students.
* Narrated listening comprehension video
- The video is a .MP4 file, approximately two and one half minutes
long (2:00 minutes of professional quality narration) about
Nathan Hale, a brave patriot and American spy during the
Revolutionary War, with images that enhance the presentation
but do not distract from the audio.
* 305 word Nathan Hale reading passage
- The passage is the exact text narrated in the video. It is written
at a 980 Lexile level. The passage can act as a transcript for the
teacher, or it can be used by students, with or without the
* Comprehension Questions
- Eight listening comprehension questions with a detailed and
comprehensive answer key are included.
KEY WORDS: listening comprehension, reading comprehension, middle school, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, nonfiction, reading passage, informational text, narrated video, social studies, American Revolution, spy, patriot, Nathan Hale