This bundle is is an interactive, engaging, cross-curricular, listening comprehension activity. Use the narrated video passage as a whole-class listening comprehension practice or assessment, OR use it as an independent activity for students.
* Narrated listening comprehension video
- The video is a .WMV file, approximately two minutes long (1:27
minutes of professional quality narration) about Turtle, the world's
first attack submarine, with images that enhance the presentation
but do not distract from the audio.
* 229 word Turtle reading passage
- The passage is the exact text narrated in the video. It is written
at a 940 Lexile level and numbered for exact word count. The
passage can act as a transcript for the teacher, or it can be used
by students, with or without the accompanying video.
* Comprehension Questions
- Eight listening comprehension questions with a detailed and
comprehensive answer key are included.
KEY WORDS: listening comprehension, reading comprehension, middle school, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, nonfiction, reading passage, narrated video, social studies, American Revolution, David Bushnell, Ezra Lee, Turtle