Each game has 100 cards, instructions and the carrying bag. Here are the instructions and the summary of the game:
RECOMMENDED AGE OF PLAYERS: Age 7+
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: Ideally between 3 – 5 players.
-Narration Creation cards.
-Paper to write down the master story and keep score.
-Pencil and paper for all players.
OBJECTIVE: Narration Creation is a game where players use a noun, a verb, an adjective and an adverb off a card to put together a sentence in hopes that it will be chosen for the master story. If a sentence gets chosen by a judge to be in the story, the creator gets a point. Players will enjoy how many twists and turns the master story takes during the 15 rounds of the game. The person with the most points wins!
1. Place the cards face down on a table, scattering them around a little bit.
2. Determine who is going to be the scribe. The scribe is going to write down the master story as it is being created.
3. Decide which player will be the judge. This player will not participate in the first round. The judge chooses and displays one of the cards.
4. Each player writes down a sentence on their paper using all four words on the card.
5. After the players have written down their sentences, take turns reading them aloud to the group.
6. One sentence is chosen by the judge to start off the master story, and the scribe writes that sentence down on the paper that is tracking the master story. The person whose sentence was selected for the story is awarded one point; the scribe will track the points on the same paper.
7. Move the card used in the round into a discard pile. Going clockwise, a new player is the judge for the next round.
8. Repeat these steps for 15 rounds; there will be 15 sentences in the master story. If you have 4 players, go 16 rounds so each player can judge 4 times.
9. In the end, the person who had the most sentences selected for the master story (and who has the best score) is the WINNER!
10. The scribe will read the whole group-created story out loud. Listen to what you created together!