Welcome to class!
What do a lion, a chair, and Yoga have in common? Many Yoga poses are named after animals, people, and things. When poses are place one after the other to create a movement flow, the movement of characters tells stories about lions, and trees, and dragons. In turn, stories are a wonderful way to remember the poses and how they connect with each other, offering multi-modality learning.
This special 70-page narrative-based Yoga bundle/book, designed by a Yoga teacher and a speech-language pathologist, offers the following:
* A complete Yoga class, from beginning to end
* The class unfolds according to the traditional Yoga-class progression, including a guided breath exercise, gradual warm-ups, lively standing sequences, a cool down, and a guided whole-body relaxation
* Each of these class segments is enclosed in a separate chapter, which can also be enjoyed independently as a stand-alone lesson (11 chapters in total)
* Most chapters are accompanied by a lighthearted story, which flows from the Yoga movements, and which brings the sequence to life and aids in retention
* All chapters contain hand-drawn line illustrations of all the poses, for movement guidance and optional coloring
* Simple alignment instructions accompany all the poses
* The bundle concludes with an illustrated 'Class in a Glance' - a complete visual summary of the entire class' pose sequence, to allow for easy planning and review
* A special chapter opens this bundle with a simple introduction to the practice of Yoga
As you offer this material to your students, you may practice it one chapter at a time – as if reading a storybook. You may also practice a combination of chapters or the entire class as a whole - as you see fit. A few of the individual stories/lessons are also offered for sale on my TPT store. For your convenience, this tool is designed entirely in black and white for easy and affordable printing.
Thank for your purchase - I appreciate it and I hope you enjoy this tool.