Welcome to Yoga Class!
What do a lion, a chair, and Yoga have in common? Many Yoga poses are named after animals, people, and things. When poses are place one after the other to create a movement flow, the movement of characters tells stories about lions, and trees, and dragons. In turn, stories are a wonderful way to remember the poses and how they connect with each other, offering multi-modality learning.
This packet includes the following:
- A balanced Yoga mini-sequence
- A short story that corresponds with and emerges from the flow of Yoga poses
- Hand-drawn line-illustrations of all the poses, offered both for movement guidance and for optional coloring
- Pose directions and pointers to use when guiding others through the Yoga motions
- 'The Flow in a Glance' - a quick visual reference containing the entire lesson's movement sequence
- For your convenience, this tool is designed entirely in black and white for easy and affordable printing
This lesson is a part of a larger book project titled ‘Tales from the Happy Tree.' This book contains additional Yoga lessons/stories, which can be strung together to create one complete Yoga class, or practiced on their own as stand alone lessons. These additional resources are also available on my TPT store. In addition to the Yoga stories, the book includes an opening breath chapter and a closing whole-body relaxation chapter, which can be purchased separately. You may consider using these as well, as opening and closing sequences to bookend this and other lessons if they are practiced alone.
Thank you again for purchasing this narrative-based Yoga lesson - I hope you find it enjoyable!