This resource includes:
- suggestions for use
- Notes page for narrative elements, and separate pages for theme and point of view (1 of each for a total of 3 pages)
- Parts of a story fill-in for review/quick assessment
- Reader’s Response expectations and examples
- a response reproducible
- 2 narrative elements tic-tac-toe boards with a variety of plot (problem and solution), setting, character (main and supporting), theme, and point of view questions
- a daily and weekly 4-point rubric, as well as a blank rubric for your own creation
This packet will allow you to focus on narrative elements. You can use the notes pages to introduce the skill and use the examples and expectations to model responses, evaluate understanding with the fill-in, then use the board in guided reading for guided practice, and finally use it for their daily independent responses when they are ready. There is a daily and weekly 4-point rubric included, as well as blank rubrics in case you want to create your own. Excellent for students who are new to this strategy, or just need a refresher.
I have added third grade to the grade levels appropriate for this set because it is more basic than my other set, but please be aware that it does include theme and point of view. I continue to recommend my Reader's Response Tic-Tac-Toe
for 4th grade and up, or 3rd grade students that are ready for a challenge with multiple strategies and skills.
The response expectations, blank rubric reproducibles, and response reproducible (4 pages total) will be the same as the multi-strategy set, but the skill notes pages, examples, tic-tac-toe board, rubrics, and rubrics will be specific to this packet.
As always, please email me before leaving feedback if you have any questions or concerns. I am human, I make mistakes now and then, and I am always happy to fix them if given the chance!