• "This product is awesome!! I am an ESL teacher, and a lot of my students get discouraged while writing because of the difficulty due to the level of their language proficiency. I used these a couple of times already this week with my students (newcomers included, but I modified their writing for them) and they loved it! They enjoyed that they just got to have fun and be creative with their writing! Thank you!"
ADD COLOR AND HUMOR TO YOUR WRITING CENTER WITH THESE CARD DECKS.
These colorful, humorous cards make creative writing fun, even for reluctant writers. Students draw Character, Setting, and Problem cards and then weave the elements into their stories. The variety of combinations is almost limitless. The process of weaving the three prompts together leads to unique and fun stories.
Contents –You won't run out of ideas with the following:
104 character cards
104 setting cards
104 problem cards
Writing stationery for both full sheets and interactive notebooks.
How I Use These Decks of Cards
• The variety is endless! Students have fun weaving the three prompts together in their stories.
• I keep each set of cards in a separate matching plastic cup. That way students know where the cards go after they’ve copied the character, setting, and problem onto a writing sheet (provided).
• At times when we need a class prompt for a quick write, I have one student pull a character, one pull a setting, and one pull the problem. After we finish writing (including me), we share our stories. It’s fun to compare our stories!
• Near our writing center, I have a separate creative writing board where students can post their stories by fastening them along a fishing line with a clothespin.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS FOR LEARNING FUN
101 PROMPTS for making LISTS in 60 seconds
101 PROVERBS and PITHY SAYINGS
WOULD YOU RATHER 212 Thought-Provoking Icebreakers and Discussion Cards
EMOJI WRITING STRIPS 42 Weeks of Writing Prompts for Rebus Stories
Humorous Creative Narrative Writing Card Decks for Writing Stories
6 + 1 Traits of Writing Student Handbooklet Quick Study With AncillariesTHE WRITING PROCESS - Animated PowerPoint, 8-Page Booklet and Notes Pages
NOUNS PowerPoint and Flip-book Comprehensive and Motivating Unit!
Back to School - Student Academic and Personal Interest Surveys
CONFERENCES - forms for students to evaluate their performance and set goals
Thank you for stopping by!
Click here to go to my store.
Creative writing, daily writing, morning meeting, daily five, writing prompts, writing centers, literacy