Also included in
- With the changing of our education recently this full Narrative Writing Curriculum is just perfect for the hybrid model or distance learning model of learning. It includes 12 teaching videos and a Digital Interactive Notebook. All you need to do is assign the video and the workbook pages.HOW IT WORK$28.20$35.25Save $7.05
- This is a 1st Grade Full Year Digital Writing Curriculum and is step by step for first grade or Level 1 writers. It includes Narrative Writing, Opinion Writing and Informational Writing Units. Each unit included has differentiated lesson plans that even a substitute could follow. This will save you$44.50$57.25Save $12.75
- Are you needing a Year Long Writing Curriculum? This Writing Bundle is perfect for your 2nd Grade classroom. It is Step by Step, digital and fully differentiated. It follows the Writer's Workshop model but can be used without that as well. It will save you hundreds of hours of preparation and your s$45.50$70.50Save $25.00
With the changing of our education recently this full Narrative Writing Curriculum is just perfect for the hybrid model or distance learning model of learning. It includes 12 teaching videos and a Digital Interactive Notebook. All you need to do is assign the video and the workbook pages.
The program is designed to be your entire Narrative Writing Unit! This is a Step by Step detailed Narrative Writing Unit that has everything in it for you to teach Narrative Writing for up to 8 weeks or more! It can be used with Personal Narrative or Fictional Narrative.
There is differentiation built in for those students who are ready to move to the next level. It also works great for ELL and beginner reading students as there are a lot of pictures that match the words. This unit has differentiated story maps and graphic organizers that are helpful for new and experienced writers and there are lots of opportunities for students to practice and build on their skills.
It follows the Writer's Workshop model and will save you hours each week of planning. It works well for your lowest learners to your top learners.
Just ASSIGN and they learn.
By using these methods I was able to take my writers who couldn't write a sentence to being able to write stories.
- Step by Step lesson plans for 14 + writing blocks plus extension activities that will last about 2 months or more
- 12 Teaching Videos that go with the Digital Notebook
- Digital Interactive Notebook with 54 pages
- Differentiated Narrative Writing story maps for newer and more advanced writers
- Differentiated Narrative Writing graphic organizers
- Full color picture story starter cards
- Several Adjective mini lessons
- Adjective Worksheets
- Narrative Writing Anchor chart examples
- Narrative Writing Story maps
- Narrative Writing Organizers
- Answer keys
- Sample Narrative Writing story maps
- Student narratives samples
- ESL Story Maps and more
- What is the Setting, characters, problem? How to write these sentences
- What is a solution? How to write one
- How to describe the setting, characters, problem and solution
- How do setting, characters, problem and solution make a story
- What is a story map and how to use it
- Adding to story maps thru modeling and doing it on their own
- Adjective mini lessons and activities. A few lessons
- How to add adjectives to your story and why
- How to take your story map and make it a story
- How to do Editing -a few lessons (looking for punctuation, does it make sense, are all the parts there, how to mark a paper, the type of critique you use (a few lessons)
- How to further your writing by using the advanced story map
- How to use a story book and put it into a story map
- How to write a summary of your story map from the story
- What is the writing process?
- Wordless picture writing, what is it and how to use it
This unit helps new writers gather ideas on how to write narratives and will take them through the entire process. There are full color story starter cards, teacher guidance through videos, live prompts and several other foundations for the Narrative Writing Process.
This process aligns with Common Core Standards, Writer's Workshop concept and 6 Traits Writing.
You may also be interested in my Opinion Writing Unit. This will soon be done in a digital video format as well.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey