Narrative Writing Literature Circles: Narratives as Mentor Texts
Also included in
- Imagine having your entire middle school ELA school year planned for you! This curriculum and pacing guide for 7th grade ELA includes EVERYTHING you need for an entire school year of reading, writing, learning, growth, and engagement. Simply download the PDF pacing guide and yearlong curriculum, andPrice $250.00Original Price $331.23Save $81.23
Want to inspire your middle school and high school students to write like authors? Narratives as Mentor Texts literature circles are your answer! Published authors are our best teachers and the Narratives as Mentor Texts 37 page packet is full of activities that help students in grades 6-10 unpack the qualities of narratives that will help them to write their own narrative story. BONUS: This packet has recently been updated to include an easy to share DIGITAL student notebook. Simply share in Google Classroom, and students can work through the daily lessons!
Students will work in literature circles, completing eight different standards based activities, two engaging games that will leave them asking for more, and their own narrative writing piece. A 56 slide PowerPoint with timers makes implementing this unit a breeze. Simply display the slides to guide students through each lesson. The best part: this four week all inclusive bundle can be used with any novel!
Included in this 163 page bundle:
- 37 page DIGITAL student packet to use with any novel. Simply share in Google Classroom!
- 37 page printable student packet and guide to use with any novel--you choose print or digital!
- 56 slide PowerPoint with timers, learning targets, and exit activities to guide teachers and students through each lesson with eas
- 4 student literature circle roles and 2 pages of guidelines to help students establish a strong literature circle routine
- 8 activities
- 4 weeks of detailed lesson plans
- 2 interactive and engaging games that can be used with this unit and throughout the school year for any novel
- Step by step writing process guide to walk students through writing their own narrative
- Rubrics for revising, editing, peer conferencing, and teacher grading
- Recently added Narrative Revision Stations with PowerPoint with 8 stations to help students revise their writing.
- Pacing calendar to help you plan
This is the perfect unit to bring you to the end of the school year in a meaningful, engaging, and standards based way. Keep middle school students learning and entertained as the weather gets warmer! Enjoy getting to know your students through their narrative writing!