Have your students create AMAZING Narrative Stories in Writers Workshop by guided them through the stages that authors use:
Start with Mini-Lessons on:
• Brilliant Beginning to hook the reader right away
• Imagery to develop the setting
• Painting Vivid Pictures with Figurative Language
• Using Onomatopoeia
• Types of Conflicts in Stories
• Developing Character Traits Directly and Indirectly
• Showing Emotions and Feelings
• Strong Endings
• Having a Perfect Balance between Narration, Showing, Dialogue and Thoughts and
• Perfect Paragraphs and
• Narrative Plot Patterns
Using Mentor Texts (of your choice) to complete Graphic Organizers on:
• Brilliant Beginnings
• Settings using Imagery
• Character Traits (Internal, External and through Inferring)
• Types of Conflicts
• Figurative Language
• Vivid Verbs
• Strong Endings
• Story Elements
• Story Maps
• A Variety of Story Plot Planners
Then... Start your own Narrative Planning using Graphic Organizers
• Start with a little Daydreaming of Ideas
• Illustrate your setting
• Do some Research (just like authors do)
• Develop your setting more using Imagery
• Develop your characters using Character Profile Organizers (human and non-human)
• Decide on your Conflict and Brainstorm possible Issues and Events to create Tension
• Try out different Brilliant Beginnings
• Create some ideas for a Strong Ending
• Plan out the sequence of your story choosing from a Variety of Story Plot Planners
Put it all together and Write your Story!
• Write your story using the Draft Writing Pages which break down each part of the
story (Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action and Resolution) and what is
needed for each section.
• Complete the 6 Trait Writing Checklist
• Publish your story in any way you choose!
This is a large package with MANY graphic organizers to choose from for what will work the best for each student. Lots of options to guide student through the writing process from beginning to end.
For even MORE writing tools including: HUGE Characterization lists (great for direct and indirect character development), Imagery Lists, Adjective lists, Strong Verb lists, Transition Words lists, How to create Sentence Variety, Parts of Speech, Punctuation Tools with Rules and Examples, Homonyms lists, Graphic organizers for every type of writing, AND a personal word wall, take a look at the PERSONAL WRITING TOOLKIT in my store.
Thanks so much!