Also included in
- This is a 1st Grade Full Year Digital Writing Curriculum and is step by step for first grade or Level 1 writers. It includes Narrative Writing, Opinion Writing and Informational Writing Units. Each unit included has differentiated lesson plans that even a substitute could follow. This will save you$44.50$57.25Save $12.75
- Are you needing a Year Long Writing Curriculum? This Writing Bundle is perfect for your 2nd Grade classroom. It is Step by Step, digital and fully differentiated. It follows the Writer's Workshop model but can be used without that as well. It will save you hundreds of hours of preparation and your s$45.50$70.50Save $25.00
These story starter cards are a great introduction to your Narrative Writing Unit and will be an asset to your writing activities. They will help your students to start their writing off with some great ideas.
These story starter cards are also included in our 1st Grade Narrative Writing Unit, 2nd Grade Narrative Writing Unit, 1st Grade Writing Curriculum and our 2nd Grade Writing Curriculum. Get it for over 20% off!
Are your students giving you a blank stare when asked to write a story? These story starter cards are the answer to the "I don't know what to write!" excuses. Students often need a little nudge in the right direction and these cards help them to create ideas and run with them.
- 44 Story Starter Cards with pictures and words
- 44 Story Starter Cards (just the words)
- Digital Story Starter Cards
- Digital Writing Activities
- 30 Story Starter Prompts
- Wordless Picture Story (Instructions)
- Wordless Picture Cards
These cards work great in a Narrative Writing Unit. They are perfect for students who are learning how to write simple sentences, for students who lack the creativity to just get started, for learning about characters, setting and problems in stories.
You will give students these Story Starter Cards or let them choose to get their own cards. They help students to imagine a story to write.
They can also be used for teachers who want to zone in on just creating characters or settings for stories.
Included also are Story Starter Prompts which will help give students a starting sentence that they need to complete.
Wordless Picture cards are a picture that has an action and the students get the picture card and then are encouraged to write a story about what is happening in the picture. Another method for providing scaffolding in story writing.
In our digital cards, students are given a character card, setting card and problem card. These are done in Google Slides, so they can be assigned to a student. There is a space on there for them to type or write their story.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey