Narrative Writing Unit | Prompts, Graphic Organizers, Rubrics and Activities
Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Also included in
- Do you want to spice up your writing prompts with fun activities? This YEAR LONG writing curriculum includes 25 writing prompts covering informative, narrative, opinion and how to writing. Students will love the seasonal prompts, fun themes and exciting writing projects inside.Year Long Writing ProPrice $70.00Original Price $81.98Save $11.98
Get your narrative writing unit rolling with these eight fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned imaginative narrative or personal narrative piece.
Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days. The weekly assignments are:
- Monday - Read aloud, class discussion, prewrite
- Tuesday - Draft
- Wednesday - Draft
- Thursday - Revise/Edit
- Friday - Publish, Craft & Share
Every activity is differentiated with multiple graphic organizers, making this project functional for kindergarten, first, second or third graders. These projects were originally designed for second graders.
Each activity includes:
- Teacher Weekly Lesson Plan
- Student Prompt
- Student Planning Page
- 3 Versions of Student Drafting Pages
- Genre Editing Checklist
- Publishing Pages
- Craft Pages
- 2 Differentiated Rubrics
- Completed Teacher Examples
*Some projects may slightly vary*
Students will write in the format of: topic sentence or paragraph, 4 event sentences with detail sentences [written in paragraph format], and a closing sentence or paragraph. Students will either write 4 separate events, 4 related events or 4 events with a problem and solution, depending on the prompt.
These projects are great for:
- Whole group writing
- Small group writing
- Literacy centers
- Early finisher activities
- Sub plans
- Student teachers
The lessons can be taught in any order.
You might also be interested in:
- YEAR BUNDLE of Writing Projects [all genres]
- Opinion Writing Bundle
- Informative Writing Bundle
- Narrative Writing Bundle
- How To Writing Bundle
Please open the preview files to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don't forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.