Narrative Writing Workbook and Unit for Grades 7-12
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Teach your students the skills to write engaging, powerful narratives. This Narrative Workbook uses a scaffolded approach to teach students the elements of narrative writing breaking down the unit into six concepts: setting, mood & imagery, characterization, plot & conflict, point of view & tone, and theme. Each element uses a scaffolded approach with activities for understanding, analyzing, and creating. First students will understand the element. Next, they’ll analyze the element in a short story. (This part can be left out if you don’t want to teach the story.) Finally, they’ll finish by creating their own creative writing with unique prompts and ideas. The culminating writing activity is for students to write their own narrative. This workbook can be used with both digital or print formats. An answer key is included.
In your answer key, you will find examples for each completed assignment. You can use these as a model before students begin the assignment to provide them with more structure and direction, or you can use it as your example to share after students have completed the assignment. Keep in mind, these examples are only meant as guides since there are many ways to complete the creative writing.
- Editable Narrative Writing Workbook in PowerPoint format
- Editable Narrative Writing Workbook in Google Slides format optimized for digital learning
- Suggested answer key
- Detailed directions for each activity
- Linked text pairings for each concept
- Creative writing examples that you can use as a model before students begin the assignment to provide them with more structure and direction, or you can use it as your example to share after students have completed the assignment
- Final assessment to write a narrative with an editable prewriting graphic organizer
- Editable rubric for the final writing assessment
- Editable rubric for the activities in the unit
Check out the video preview for a close look at the unit!!