PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass reading comprehension passage is written in the form of a song that explores the early years of his life from an autobiographical point of view. The passage uses one song that can be accessed on YouTube or TPT for students to listen to as a part of the activity. It explores important events during the early years of Douglass's life from birth up to his escape from slavery at age 20.
Listen to the song in the preview!
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics
- a list of multiple-choice comprehension questions with the answer key
- a context clues activity: students will define content vocabulary words using context clues in the "Frederick Douglass for Kids Song, part 1"
- a timeline activity with a graphic organizer
- a sequential paragraph activity that utilizes the timeline
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2 then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Next, students will answer the questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Students will then complete the context clues, timeline, and sequential paragraph activities on the following pages.
- The answer key for pages 1, 2, and 5 are located on pages 8, 9, and 10.
You may also like:
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Music provided by Rujay. Instrumental: "Sippin" by Ihaksi. Channel: https://YouTube.com/user/RujayTV.
*Photos from Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Douglass