Included in this resource is everything you need to plan, teach and assess your students in their narrative writing.
- pre test analysis sheet with prompts so that you can analyse individual students and then find common patterns for the class/cohort
- writing program with assessment items, sequence of learning and all english outcomes covered in the unit
- writing rubric for assessment where audience, text structure, vocabulary, character/setting, ideas/plot, sentence structure, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, paragraphing and cohesion are all marked individually (similar to current naplan marking criteria)
- suggested picture books to use as reference points throughout the unit
- resources for word walls to assist students in their writing - these are colour coded and encourage a wider vocabulary for words rather than 'said', 'looked' as well as words to react in a story or movement verbs
My students have used the word wall with great enthusiasm and they really respond to the use of picture books throughout. As a teacher, the pre analysis is my favourite component as I can learn about the students and how they write as well as plan and direct the future learning based on the areas of need.
Thanks for looking at this resource. I appreciate all feedback and am only too happy to hear suggestions for additions to this resource so that it is even more successful in the classroom.