Published authors are our best teachers and the Narratives as Mentor Texts 37 page packet is full of activities that help students in grades 6-8 unpack the qualities of narratives that will help them to write their own narrative story. Students will work in literature circles, completing eight different standards based activities, two engaging games that will leave them asking for more, and their own narrative writing piece. The best part: this four week all inclusive bundle can be used with any novel!
Included in this 70 page bundle:
- 37 page student packet and guide to use with any novel
- 4 student literature circle roles and 2 pages of guidelines to help students establish a strong literature circle routine
- 8 activities
- 4 weeks of detailed lesson plans
- 2 interactive and engaging games that can be used with this unit and throughout the school year for any novel
- Step by step writing process guide to walk students through writing their own narrative
- Rubrics for revising, editing, peer conferencing, and teacher grading
- Recently added Narrative Revision Stations with PowerPoint with 8 stations to help students revise their writing.
- Pacing calendar to help you plan
This is the perfect unit to bring you to the end of the school year in a meaningful, engaging, and standards based way. Keep middle school students learning and entertained as the weather gets warmer! Enjoy getting to know your students through their narrative writing!