Nate the Great chapter books are enjoyable for primary students. This flip book and case file craft can be used with books from the Nate the Great chapter book series.
Nate the Great Flip Book
This is a stackable booklet that can be printed and used while reading a Nate the Great book. Included are the following pages:
- Cover - includes a detective image and room to write the book title and student's name
- Story Setting - students write and draw about the setting
- Nate is on the Case! - students identify the problem and how Nate solves it
- A Friendly Investigation - students record information from Nate's friends that help
- Nate solve the case
- Put the Pieces Together - students write or draw a summary of the story
- My Favorite Part - students write and draw their favorite part
- Book Review - students rate the book and recommend it to a friend
Nate the Great Case File Booklet,
The case file craft includes a file folder template, magnifying glass template, case closed stamp, and reading response templates. There are two options for constructing this case file craft. The first option has pre-made template pages which are similar to the flip book. The second option is a bit more open-ended with three types of response pages: full illustration, full writing, or a combination of writing and illustration pages. These would be great for student practice with visualization, vocabulary, making connections, questions, and more!
Digital Reading Response Journal
This resource includes a Google Slides link for a digital response journal. After making a copy, you can pick and choose which pages to assign your students in Google Slides. The following pages are included:
- Digital Reading Journal Cover
- Character Chart
- Helpful Friends
- Problem & Solution
- My Case File
- Story Summary
- Story Retell
- Favorite Part
- Book Review
Please take a look at the preview to learn more. You can also learn more about this product in this blog post.
You might also like:
Stay Connected with Stories by Storie
To find out about freebies, discounts, and new products, look for the ★ green star next to my store logo and click follow me.
If you have any questions, comments, or need changes made to this product to fit your classroom needs, please e-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact me through my store's Q & A section.
© Stories by Storie - This item is intended for a SINGLE classroom. Duplication for other classrooms, an entire school, a school district, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.