It’s Grandparents Day! Bring lasting memories to your families with memorable home-school connections. Have fun celebrating and honoring these special family members. This literacy resource includes ten different activities that are sure to bring excitement and learning into your classroom for days to come. The following activities and handouts are included:
- Letter to Grandparents from student – 2 printing options (BW or color)
- Letter to Parents from teacher
- Teddy Bear Patterns for Grandparents Day card (This card can also be sent to another special person.) There is an example included. The card can be printed 2-sided or stapled.
- Literature Lesson using the book, Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge. This children’s picture book was written in 1984 by Mem Fox. It is about a boy, Wilfrid, who helps an elderly friend, Nancy, to regain some of her memory.
- Literature Response Sheet: Comparing two things Miss Nancy did when she was young (past) and two things that you have done growing up (present).
- Venn Diagram: Long Ago and Today
- Then and Now comparison
- Birthday Time Line (Home Project) & Parent Letter - 2 printing options (BW or color)
- 5 Vocabulary Word Puzzles with Answer Keys (caring, fun, grandma, grandpa, grandparents, kind, loving, nana, papa, special)
- Grandparent Certificate