This set of National Park Research Brochures is ideal for independent or group student research. Designed as a 2-sided brochure, the end product will be focused, organized, attractive and each will be unique! Each brochure includes the same open-ended response areas, illustration boxes, a map to identify the park's location and space for students to cite sources – plus, there are areas promoting creativity and higher-level thinking. The similar format for each brochure will allow teachers to guide and support research regardless of student groupings.
Note: See note below if you're looking for National landmarks, monuments or historic sites!
* National Park specific brochures – current list below
* Kid-friendly Google Search Term card will help students do internet research more independently.
*Map Task Card
* National Park List – an area for students to sign up and for you to keep track of who is responsible for which park
* Project Rubric – allows students to see expectations and facilitates easy scoring.
Students choose a park. You print the brochure – and the research begins! There is a blank template as well.
National Parks included:
Badlands, S Dakota
Big Bend, Texas
Bryce Canyon, Utah
Carlsbad Caverns, NM
Channel Islands, California
Crater Lake, Oregon
Cuyahoga Valley, Ohio
Death Valley, CA-NV
Glacier Bay, Alaska
Grand Canyon, Arizona
Grand Teton, Wyoming
Great Smoky Mtns, TN-NC
Guadalupe Mtns, Texas
Hawai’I Volcanoes, Hawaii
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Isle Royale, Michigan
Joshua Tree, California
Kings Canyon, California
Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
Mesa Verde, Colorado
Mount Rainier, Washington
Petrified Forest, Arizona
Rocky Mountain, Colorado
I recognize this is not a complete list. I've included the parks my students have requested over the years. Need a different National Park? Leave a note in my Q and A. I’ll add it to this collection. Positive feedback is so appreciated!
Please note, the National Park Service has a wide umbrella. These brochures are specifically designed to address the "wild, great outdoors" parks - the National Parks only. If you are interested in National Monuments, National Landmarks National Historic Sites or National Battlefield, this may better meet your needs
U.S. Landmarks, U.S. Monuments, U.S. Historical Sites Tri-Fold Brochures
PLEASE NOTE: I’ve significantly reduced the Additional Users License Fee to make this available for an entire grade level. When you check out, click EDIT next to the word 'Licenses' or the red button "Buy licenses to share'. Add additional licenses to cover your team. You’ll feel good about following TpT rules and be able to divide the overall cost.
You may also be interested in :
State Report Research Project – State-specific Tri-Fold Brochures
Research Project Rubrics for Group Presentations
Research Project Rubrics for Individual Presentations
Morning Meeting Greetings: 50 Fast and Engaging Cards for Student Independence
Reading Strategy Homework – Engage in authentic practice! Any level! Any book!
Large Scale Timeline with cut-and-paste option.
The Pet Project – A mini economics simulation for second-fifth grade
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.