“National Symbols” is a Social Studies lesson focusing on understanding historical information about four national symbols – the Liberty Bell, Mount Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty and the U.S. flag. Students will research and identify when and who made it, where it is located, and what it symbolizes.
Included in this product:
• Detailed 4-page lesson outline (PREVIEW)
• “I can” Learning Goal Wall Chart
• Essential Question Wall Chart
• Vocabulary Poster
• Vocabulary Lesson Outline
• Two printables about the U.S. flag
• 3D Graphic Organizer (foldable)
• Set of Mix-n-Match Cooperative Learning Cards
Suggestions for how to use the activities in this lesson with an interactive notebook are also included. The 3D graphic organizer will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook. However, the lesson is designed so that it can also be used without such notebooks.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator
Social studies, national symbols, history, America, U.S. flag, Mount Rushmore, Liberty Bell, Statue of Liberty, interactive notebook, research, foldable, Power Pix, Whole Brain Teaching