National Symbols of America: PowerPoint Slides, Graphic Organizer Booklet, and Vocabulary Check
is a Social Studies lesson with the objective of helping students identify and explain the historical significance of several national symbols of America.
Missouri Learning Standard ~ Social Studies:
Recognize and explain the significance of national symbols associated with historical events and time periods being studied.
Symbols included in this lesson:
Jefferson Memorial, Liberty Bell, Lincoln Memorial, Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty, U.S. Flag, and the Washington Monument.
Included in this product:
• Teacher Suggestions (included in preview)
• “I Can” Learning Goal Chart (color and grayscale version)
• Essential Question Chart (color and grayscale version)
• PowerPoint Presentation (28 slides)
• Summary Printables – differentiated
• Vocabulary Graphic Organizer Booklet
• Vocabulary Check and Key
This resource can be used separately or in conjunction with the following:
• National Symbols of America ~ Quick Pack Lesson
• National Symbols of America ~ Task Cards
• National Symbols of America ~ Lesson Bundle
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator