(NATIONALISM UNIT 1 out of 3)
14 slide power point that covers:
- The effects of newly introduced Enlightenment ideals throughout Europe and the Americas
- The effects of Nationalistic feelings being spread throughout Europe and the Americas by the American & French Revolutions
- Subsequent nationalistic revolutions in Spanish America and Haiti
- Overview of the social, economic, and political causes of these revolutions
- Overview of revolutionary leaders such as Simon Bolivar and Toussaint L'Ouverture
- Overview of the new Latin American nations that are created out of these revolutions
- Lastly the rise of military Caudillo's in many of these new republics with a connection to the Mexican Revolution that would take place almost a century later.
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed and emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- Contemporary art and imagery form the Haitian Revolution
- Maps showing the effects of Revolutionary ideology on the political boundaries of Spanish America
- Portraits, pictures, and graphics to support student understanding of Revolutionary era Latin America
- 1 guided critical writing assessment activity on the global effects of the French Revolution
- 4 "Check for Understanding" (ongoing assessment) slides utilizing questions from actual past Regents Exams
- 6 Regents based written assessments (long answer)
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***Intended for use in Global History classrooms in preparation for the New York State Global Regents & Geography Exam***