The following is a common core-based lesson/worksheet on the rise of nationalism in the Americas, specifically focusing on the Haitian Revolution led by Toussiant L’Ouverture and the Latin American Revolutions led by Simon Bolivar. This lesson contains a variety of activities that promote critical thinking, active engagement, and class discussion. The worksheet also contains several colorful images including paintings, flags, maps, and charts.
Topics covered in this worksheet include:
• Toussaint L’Ouverture and the Haitian Revolution
• Spanish Casta System
• Simon Bolivar and Jose de San Martin
• Bolivar’s “Letter from Jamaica”
• Creation and Failure of Gran Colombia
The following activities are included:
• Do no that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source analysis with questions
• Epitaph of Toussaint Activity
• Response to Bolivar – Letter Writing Activity
• 20 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion
Feel free to edit this product to meet your specific needs. Follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this product Thanks!