Create a painting in the manner of Norval Morisseau. You will need ace-tate paper, permanent felt marker and acrylic paints. It is interesting to use this activity with Social Studies courses.
A nice way to initiate your students to Native American Art with a spe-cial technique: painting on acetate
-Grade 3 and up, junior high and high school
-Painting on acetate
-Acetate paper 8.5 x 11 inches
-Brushes and water
-Permanent black pencil
-Lead pencil and eraser
This document includes:
-A step-by-step description with photos.
-An evaluation grid
-Drawings of Native American Art to foster diversity.
Duration : about 4 class periods
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback.
Your comments can help me make my resources better for you. In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations).
You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.