Kids love this song written by a Native American drummer and flute player. The children will be dancing and counting with FLUENCY!
Lesson Objective: Learn to count to 20 with fluency and increased speed.
This Download Includes:
• Native American Counting Song Mp3
• Lesson Script
• Lyrics & Movement Page
• Visual Aids (x3)
• Bridging Activity (x2)
• Activity Sheet
• Parent Guide (English)
• Parent Guide (Spanish)
Early Learning Standard Strands:
• Mathematics – Number Sense, Counting to 20
•Social Studies – American History: Early Civilizations
Common Core Math:
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.1: Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.2: Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.3: Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
Academic Vocabulary: Native American, rhythm, flute, drums, rattle, numbers, 1-20, stomp, feet, click, sticks
Sight Words: come, and, us, for, a, that, to, the, and, will, way, this, I, say, you, of, we, get, go, now, it, but, when, are, in,
this, our, want, try, at
• Academic Vocabulary
• Call and Response
• Gross Motor
• Progressive Movement
• Song Manipulative
• Rhythmic Coordination
Additional Supplies needed:
• Rhythm sticks (1 pair per child) (chop sticks or blocks work great!)
• 20 straws
Native American Counting Song
by Music, Movement & Magination
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License