5 page document containing assignments for a unit on Native American Literature. Included:
1. Discussion points/activity for introducing a unit on Native American Literature
2. A chart for tracking important details of the works in a Native American unit
3. Assignment and rubric sheet for creating narrative pictographs (for Native American tale "World on a Turtle's Back")
4. Assignment and rubric for creating own Native American Trickster/Folktale
5. List of oddities in nature that may serve as story topics for Trickster Tale
*For this unit, we read the Native American tales from the 11th grade American Literature anthology published by McDougal Littell, but you could adapt these assignments to any Native American unit of study your school district has already.