Native American Project: Plains Style Parflech
Also included in
- This Native American Art project bundle has something for everyone! The focus is on traditional crafts, drawing and games with a math component!Games- Students will create simple games of chance with sticks & stones with an option to practice math skills!Ledger Drawing- Learn about Ledger artistPrice $10.00Original Price $12.00Save $2.00
This Native American project explores the concept of Balance. The materials are simple: Crayons and paper! Included is a template you can copy and have students use to make a 'mini', or they may draw and outline of their own large parflech. You are free to think big! The lesson can last a day or a month depending on the time you wish to utilize!
The completed envelope creates a fun option to store many flat items. I have used this concept to create an art portfolio for students to keep their art in for the entire year!
Students will enjoy the simplicity of this lesson and the beautiful results! This lesson is great for students who are intimidated by having to draw, just use 1 geometric shape!
This lesson can be modified to fit most any grade level with beautiful results!
- Material list
- Q&A Focus activity with teacher notes
- Parflech template
- Art assessment
- links to view 'Art Balance' you tubevideo and additional 'Parflech' images
- National Core Art Standards checklist.
- Images of completed projects