Have your students learn more about the amazing Native American tribes that inhabited this continent before European settlement with this younger student-friendly Native American research poster project! This pack includes everything you need to complete a Native American research project in your classroom or at home. Students are guided from beginning to end with this Native American project pack!
About Beginning Research Projects:
Guiding students to complete a research project can be tricky, but with Beginning Research Projects, it doesn't have to be! Designed to be completed by younger students, this pack makes conducting research a much simpler and student friendly process!
More Great Lesson Resources:
- First Americans Reading Comprehension Mini-Lesson
- Fall Days Literacy Centers for 2nd and 3rd Grade
- No Turkey for Thanksgiving Persuasive Writing Activity
This Pack Includes:
- Research Tips- Includes research teaching tips to help you guide your students through the research process as painlessly as possible.
- Research Suggestions- Includes links to books, videos, and website suggestions for that are student friendly and a good place to start having students find information on their chosen tribe.
- Scaffolded Notes taking sheet- Helps beginning researchers zero in on information to write down.
- Poster Project rubric- Clearly outlines what students should include on their research poster. Includes an area for teachers to score and grade.
- Collaboration project rubric- Turn this into a collaboration project with this simple rubric.
- Poster Labels- Create more structure for students as they complete their posters by providing labels for their posters.
- 12 Information Cards about the following Native American Tribes: Lenni Lenape, Shasta, Inuit, Tlingit, Cheyenne, Pueblo, Seminole, Iroquois, Cherokee, Navajo, Chinook, and Osage. Each card includes information written in student friendly wording on where these tribes lived, food sources, and travel. Use in connection with the suggested online research material as a way to build a robust amount of information for the Poster Project.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly! :-)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
♥ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
Please note: this product is designed for classroom use by Leigh Langton LLC under the name "The Applicious Teacher."
© 2021 Leigh Langton Theappliciousteacher.com