Native American Unit ★★★ BEST SELLER ON TPT ★★★
This Native American Unit keeps students motivated with engaging activities to learn about 7 NATIVE AMERICAN REGIONS IN NORTH AMERICA.
1. EASTERN WOODLANDS
3. GREAT PLAINS
5. NORTHWEST COAST
7. GREAT BASIN
With so many states or districts having different standards, I tried to supply different versions to meet them. There are 4 versions for the charts, map, and quiz.
Version 1- 7 Regions: Eastern Woodlands, Southeast, Great Plains, Southwest, Northwest Coast, Arctic, Great Basin
Version 2- 6 Regions: Eastern Woodlands, Southeast, Great Plains, Southwest, Northwest Coast, Arctic
Version 3- 5 Regions: Eastern Woodlands, Southeast, Great Plains, Southwest, Northwest Coast
Version 4- 5 Regions: Eastern Woodlands, Great Plains, Southwest, Northwest Coast, Great Basin
★★★ What is included? ★★★
✓ Native American Cover Page for notes or folder
✓ Informational text on THE LAND BRIDGE THEORY and a summarizing chart.
✓ An activity for PICTURE WRITING
✓ A MAP PRINTABLE to color the location of each region. (4 options)
✓ A STUDY CHART to fill in notes for each region using the informational text. (2 sizes)
✓ 2-PAGE INFORMATIONAL TEXT for each region- great for CLOSE reading.
✓ A separate INFORMATIONAL TEXT BOOKLET
✓ NATIVE AMERICAN PROJECT- Instructions printable, examples, and rubric is included.
✓ NATIVE AMERICAN QUIZ
✓ ACROSTIC POEMS There is one for Native Americans and each region.
✓ NATIVE AMERICAN GAMES- 3 games requiring little or no materials that can be played with small and large groups. EASY SET-UP
✓ A separate STUDENT VERSION
★★★ What information is included in the informational text? ★★★
★ religious beliefs
★★★ What activities are included with each region? ★★★
1. Eastern Woodlands: Fill-in-the-blank and writing assignment on PEACE (related to the Iroquois League)
2. Southeast: Graphic Organizer and corn craft.
3. Great Plains: Main Idea and Details and Dream Catcher writing activity with a craft. (Background information and center instructions included)
4. Southwest: Vocabulary (Context Clues) printable and rain activity.
5. Northwest Coast: Cause and Effect printable and Totem Pole writing activty with a craft. Background information, suggested links, center instructions, and rubric is included. (This is sold seperately. More information found here: Click Here for More Information)
6. Arctic: Text Evidence Chart and igloo craft. Igloo book suggestions and step-by-step directions with pictures.
7. Great Basin: Inference Chart and basket craaft.
Thank you for visiting my store!
★★★★★★THIS UNIT COMES IN AN AMERICAN HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE! ★★★★★★
CLICK: AMERICAN HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
Are you looking for other Social Studies units?
Are you looking for different products?
STEP-BY-STEP WRITING PROGRAMS (GRADES 1-8) -motivate students AND boost test scores!