Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Are you struggling to cover all your standards due to a lack of time? Save your time and energy with this ELA and American History Integrated Bundle. These resources combine language arts and social studies standards for you to use in your 4th, 5th, & 6th grade classrooms. These integrated units$142.08$222.00Save $79.92
Native Americans and Language Arts Resource Bundle Set
This integrated bundle has everything you need to teach Native Americans and language arts skills at the same time! The bundle includes 5 separate resources that include a nonfiction/informational texts unit on Native Americans, a paired passages set, a research project, a set of pre-written exit tickets, and a social studies review/center activity.
Teachers can use these resources for:
- primary instruction of social studies standards on Native Americans
- close reading
- informational text reading comprehension
- informative text-based writing practice (test prep)
- research skills
- formative assessment
- summative assessment
If teachers have students present their research projects, this bundle would also meet many speaking and listening standards. Teachers can also cover technology standards in writing by having students research online and use technology to create their final projects.
Native Americans Flipbook Unit comes with 8 lessons with activities, as well as a summative unit test. These lessons are provided in multiple formats (flipbook, folded book, individual lesson pages) so teachers can select the ones that best fit their classroom. This unit covers the 5th grade Florida American history standards on Native Americans. The unit comes in both PDF and Google Slides formats.
Native Americans Paired Passages Resource includes 3 different informational texts that are paired on a similar topic. Each text is included on three reading levels (4th, 5th, & 6th grades). A reading comprehension test is included for each text. In addition, an extended informative writing prompt is included and requires students to use text-evidence in their essay. The unit comes in both PDF and Google Slides formats.
Native Americans Informational Writing Research Unit integrates learning about Native Americans, research skills, informational text reading, and informative writing. Students will select a Native American tribe in North America to research.
- The unit begins with a mini-lesson and mentor text reading on Human-Environment Interaction (one of the 5 Themes of Geography).
- If needed, a mini-lesson on How to Write a Bibliography is included. Students then move into research with a mini-lesson on note-taking.
- After research is complete, teachers can use the mini-lesson on Outlining.
- Finally, students create a brochure about the culture and local geography of their selected tribe.
Teachers can adjust the project to meet the needs of their class, by skipping mini-lessons or adjusting the level of expected research and writing skills. (Actual research resources are not included - I used books from the library and different websites.) The unit comes in both PDF and Google Slides formats.
Native Americans Exit Tickets are a great way to included formative assessments after each lesson. Use these pre-written exit tickets to have students check their understanding of the lesson's main ideas. The exit tickets can also be used for bell ringers, spiral review, homework, morning work, task cards, or partner work. This resource includes a set of 20 exit tickets with 1 - 3 questions on each. A blank template is also included. The unit comes in both PDF and Google Slides formats.
Native Americans Clip Cards Activity is a fun and engaging way for students to practice learning about Native American tribes and cultural regions. Students clip a clothespin or paper clip onto an answer choice, then flip the card over to self-check! This activity can be used as a center, early finisher activity, or a partner activity. Some teachers have even used these as homework for students who need more practice! The cards will last a long time if they are printed on card stock and laminated.
Answers keys are included. The resources were designed to be used with 4th - 6th grades.
The teaching time of these resources depends upon a number of factors. Teachers can also pick and choose which activities they want to use.