This project is based on students answering a driving question: How did the climate and physical geography of a region affect food sources, shelter, and culture of the Native American's living there?
Students will answer this question through research and note taking, a written report, creating an artifact for a class "museum," and presenting their findings to the class. The document is editable so you can customize it to best fit the needs of your students. This project was originally created for 5th grade students studying Native Americans of North America.
Included in this document:
- Driving Question (stated above)
- Description of project
- 6 Native American Regions (Northwest, Southwest, Intermountain, - Plains, Eastern Woodlands, Southeast)
- Research and Note-taking expectations
- Written report explanation and expectations
- "Museum" Artifact explanation and expectations
- Presentation explanation and expectations
- Project Rubric
- Note-taking template
The last page of the document is blank and says [insert resource recording page] - I found a recording page that I liked for my students online and added it to the packet. I did not add it here due to copyright issues, but feel free to find your own!