Natural Disaster Unit
The unit attached requires students to research natural disasters, create a poster on their natural disaster, present their findings to small groups of students, compare and contrast the different types of natural disasters, and then create communication plans, exit routes, and ways to prepare for each type of natural disaster.
This unit covers the Sunshine State Standard: SC.5.E.7.7 Design a family preparedness plan for natural disasters and identify the reasons for having such a plan.
This file contains:
- Unit Lesson Plan
- 4 Pages of Natural Disaster Pictures
- 1 Brainstorming Page
- 1 Research Recording Sheet
- 1 Foldable
- 1 Poster Planning Sheet
- 3 Pages of Natural Disaster Preparedness Plan for students to complete as a plan for their family
- 1 Emergency Contact Page for students to complete as a plan for their family
- 9 Real-World Connection Questions
- 2 Writing Prompts - Students act like newspaper reporters covering a natural disaster scene
- 1 Natural Disaster Presentation Rubric
Check out all my science goodies!
~Connect with Me~
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram