Engage your students in project-based learning!
This resource guides students through conducting their own research report on a type of Natural Disaster (19 topics are listed). After choosing a topic to focus on, students are asked to conduct research using the Internet and books while following criteria. Next, students are asked to share their learning by creating a poster board, presentation board, or power point presentation. A 3D model may also be constructed to further display learning. Finally, students present their work to the class.
Can be done in partners. Printable Evaluation forms included!
This Project Package Includes:
- Project Rationale
- Step by Step Instructions
- Student Criteria Checklist
- 19 Possible Research Topics
- How To Conduct Research
- Research Notes Page
- Presentation Options Page
- How To Build a 3D Model
- 3D Model Design Page
- Reference List Instructions
- Student Self-Assessment Write-Up (2-pages)
- Printable Evaluation Forms
Project-Based Learning (PBL) is a student-centered pedagogy in which students are challenged to actively learn about a subject for an extended period of time. It is a form of active learning or inquiry-based learning. Project-Based Learning is in contrast to paper-based, rote memorization, or teacher-led instruction that presents established facts. Please be aware of what you are purchasing.
Thanks so much,
We really appreciate all the feedback we receive. Your feedback helps make our products better.
WE OFTEN PROVIDE FREEBIES TO OUR FOLLOWERS AND ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF:
• Look for the green star next to our store logo at the top right corner of this page and click it to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time we debut a new product or freebie!