Also included in
- This unit bundle has everything you need to teach a comprehensive and rigorous unit on Natural Resources. The unit includes activity sheets, worksheets, renewable and nonrenewable sort cards, graphs, and so much more. An engaging Powerpoint on natural resources is provided as is an informational te$19.80$23.30Save $3.50
- A bundle of FOUR Earth science units for an elementary earth science curriculum. Includes Weathering and Erosion, Fossils, Natural Resources and Earth’s Crust and Rocks. Each unit contains everything you need for a comprehensive, rigorous and engaging earth science unit on that topic. Lots of activi$65.10$86.80Save $21.70
- A bundle of Five Earth science units for an elementary earth science curriculum. Includes Weathering and Erosion, Fossils, Earth’s Crust and Rocks, Natural Resources, and Water on Earth. Each unit contains everything you need for a comprehensive, rigorous and engaging earth science unit on that top$77.80$103.80Save $26.00
- NEW! An entire year of 4th grade elementary NGSS science. These seven units cover all of the 4th grade content standards of the Next Generation Science Standards. Each unit is full of inquiry based activities, data tables and graphs, reading comprehension, worksheets, lots of other resources and co$122.30$168.30Save $46.00
A packet of activities and resources for an engaging unit on animals and animal adaptations. The packet contains all of the resources below. Aligns to NGSS 4-ESS3-1, NGSS 5-ESS2-2 and NGSS 5-ESS2-1.
1. Where is the Water on Earth? A teacher led demonstration with student activity sheets that shows the distribution of the world’s water (ocean, ice caps, ground water, rivers and lakes). Includes template for a pie chart that shows the proportions of land, ocean, and fresh water.
2. Parts of the Earth Sort Students place 16 images into the geosphere, biosphere, atmosphere, and hydrosphere. Includes coloring worksheet, English-Spanish translation worksheet, word source worksheet.
3. Chocolate Chip Mining. A fun hands-on activity where students simulate mining “coal” chocolate chips from cookies! Directions and student activity worksheet provided where students calculate the costs associated with mining which includes fines for environmental damage. This resource also offers document camera notes and images on coal: simply print and use.
4. Renewable or Nonrenewable Sort Cards 24 sort cards for renewable and nonrenewable energy. With student recording sheet and answer key.
5. Renewable and Nonrenewable Worksheets set includes a matching worksheet, renewable and nonrenewable Venn Diagram, energy resource comparative chart, crossword puzzle, and a T-chart. Answer keys included.
6. Energy Pie Charts a template for a pie chart that shows the percentages of energy use in the US.
7. Water Filtration Columns students construct water filtration columns using simple materials. Students can measuring how fast water can flow through each column. The packet also includes an inquiry activity where students filter a vinegar solution to determine if filtering can remove acid (litmus or pH paper required).
8. Solar Pizza Box Oven Instructions to make a oven out of a pizza box that uses the energy of the sun. Recipes for smores, nachos, and mini-pizzas are provided.
Copyright © Dr. Dave’s Science. All rights reserved by author. This product is strictly for individual use and may not be copied or given to other teachers. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (including a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)