Also included in
- Save 30% when you combine our most popular resources for this topic! This bundle was specifically designed for NGSS MS-PS1-3: Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society. Bundle Includes:Synthetic & Natural Materials$10.49$14.99Save $4.50
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $100+ when you purchase every NGSS MS-ESS physical science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 122 resources, including:NGSS Physical Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects✅$199.99$307.94Save $107.95
This WEBQUEST introduces students to natural versus synthetic materials, how they are used in products, and the advantages and disadvantages of both. NGSS MS-PS1-3
This web activity is not based on any particular website, rather students use Google to find the specifically requested information. Therefore, it is best suited to classes that can independently find information online and pull information from text.
- Define synthetic and natural materials.
- Research 8 different products, each of which has a natural and synthetic version. List the source of the material, properties, and function of each version (synthetic or natural).
- Research the advantages and disadvantages of 3 commonly used materials that have both synthetic and natural versions.
Find the digital Google Slides version of this activity HERE.
INCLUDES AN ANSWER KEY.
Please note: this resource is not editable.
Save $$$ with our Natural vs. Synthetic Materials ACTIVITY BUNDLE!
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science materials in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!