Also included in
- Save 30% when you combine our most popular resources for this topic! This bundle was specifically designed for NGSS MS-PS1-3: Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society. Bundle Includes:Synthetic & Natural Materials$10.49$14.99Save $4.50
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $100 when you purchase every NGSS MS-ESS physical science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 125 resources, including:NGSS Physical Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects✅$219.99$320.94Save $100.95
Materials of the future RESEARCH PROJECT! Introduce students to materials science as they research a synthetic material that will change the future and create a presentation to demonstrate what they've learned - great way to cover NGSS MS-PS1-3 and focus on how synthetic materials impact society!
This activity includes the following components:
- CHOICE: Students choose from a provided list of 17 "materials of the future".
- RESEARCH: Students follow clear instructions to use the internet to find information about their material, including its source, its properties and function, and its potential impact on society in the future. To make the research easier, students are provided a "Research Organizer" that serves as a guide for what questions to research as well as a place to record their findings.
- PRESENTATION: Students create a presentation (using their or your choice of applications such as Google Slides or Canva) to present what they have learned.
- Background info
- 17 Materials for students to choose from
- Research organizer
This research project is not based on any particular website, rather students use Google to find the specifically requested information. Please note that this resource is not editable.
Save $$$ with our Natural vs. Synthetic Materials ACTIVITY BUNDLE!
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science resources in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!