Also included in
- Save 30% when you combine our most popular resources for this topic! This bundle was specifically designed for NGSS MS-PS1-3: Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society. Bundle Includes:Synthetic & Natural Materials$10.49$14.99Save $4.50
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $100+ when you purchase every NGSS MS-ESS physical science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 122 resources, including:NGSS Physical Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects✅$199.99$307.94Save $107.95
EASY NGSS MS-PS1-3 ACTIVITY - JUST PRINT, CUT, ASSEMBLE! Everything you need is included for students to create a Natural and Synthetic Materials Impact on Society Timeline or bulletin board. Students find out how 20 influential materials have impacted human society over time.
TWO VERSIONS are provided - Version One requires students to research 20 materials (specific prompts provided) and Version Two gives them 20 pre-made informational cards about specific materials. The only supplies necessary are regular copier paper, glue, and colored pencils.
Here's the Process for Students:
- Tape or glue together the provided timeline templates (4 - 8.5"x11" sheets)
- Color code the 20 material boxes according to their source
- Attach information boxes to the timeline
- Enter the dates
- Add pictures (provided) to each of the entries
- 20 Materials Research Cards for students to complete (for Version One)
- 20 Pre-Made Material Cards (for Version Two)
- 20 materials pictures
- Printable timeline templates
- Student instructions
- Teacher notes
NO COLOR PRINTING IS REQUIRED! The pictures look better in color, but still print fine in black and white. The information boxes are colored by students with colored pencils.
Some of the influential materials included are: penicillin, polyethylene (plastic), paclitaxel (Taxol, cancer drug), sodium stearate (soap), sodium hypochlorite (bleach), etc.
Save $$$ with our Natural vs. Synthetic Materials ACTIVITY BUNDLE!
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science materials in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please note that this resource is not editable.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!